A soft peanut butter and powdered sugar creme mixture covered with a rigid chocolate coating. Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Round recipe is dedicated to all our readers who love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. We are certain that we have nearly mastered their secret recipe. These Chocolate Peanut butter Rounds were so easy to make, and they only call for a handful of ingredients. The presentation was simply sweet; dressed up in mini cupcake wrappers appearing as a the truffle-like dessert. A couple fun decorating ideas could entail topping each dessert with white pearls or chocolate drizzle. There are so many ways you could add extra pizazz to this fun dessert. Multiple eager tasters gave us thumbs up and helped themselves to seconds and even thirds. We would definitely make these again.
XOXO, Melissa & Nancy
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rounds Recipe
Yields approximately 30-40 rounds
2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter @ room temperature
1/4 Cup unsalted butter @ room temperature.
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 – 2 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons of Crisco (shortening)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your room temperature creamy peanut butter, unsalted butter and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in Vanilla Extract and 1 cup of confectioners sugar at a time until it achieves a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch round balls and place on your parchment paper covered baking sheet. Refrigerate for approximately one hour, or until firm.
- In the top of a double boiler, set over simmering water, or in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, heat half the chocolate and half the shortening, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and chocolate and shortening are combined. Stir until completely smooth. Do not heat the chocolate too much or your chocolate will lose it’s shine after it has dried. Alternately, you can microwave the same amount of chocolate coating pieces on high at 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Quickly dip each peanut butter round entirely into the melted chocolate, swirling quickly to coat it completely. Shake off any excess into the melted chocolate.
- You may store inside an air tight container for approximately 2 weeks. Add some flair by serving your rounds in small candy cups or mini cupcake cups.