pages

Dessert // Toasted Campfire S’more Pops Recipe

Summer is only a skip and a hop away.  The weather in California is perfect for barbecues, picnics, and camping.   We are giving summer a warm welcome by preparing our latest custom recipe instructional, Toasted Campfire S’more Pops.   If you are looking for a quick and simple  recipe, this 4 ingredient dessert is just for you.   These  were so much fun to create.   Children of all ages will enjoy this hands on activity.  We hope you find this as fun as we did.

XO, Melissa & Nancy

BFFF’s Toasted Campfire S’more Pops

Ingredients:

Yields 30 Marshmallow Pops

(1) Package of 6 inch Wilton Cookie Pop Sticks (only $1.99)

(1) 28 oz bag of Campfire Marshmallows

(1)  box of graham cracker crumbs

(1) 12 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips

(2) Tablespoons of Crisco

(1) Sheet of wax paper

(1) Chef’s Torch / Creme Brulee Torch

Directions:

• Insert one stick into the middle of each marshmallow.  Helpful tip, place your hand on top of the marshmallow while inserting your stick to ensure it  does not exceed breaking through the top of your marshmallow.
  • Using a chef’s torch / creme brulee torch, caramelize each marshmallow 5-8 seconds, working the torch around the marshmallow.  Caution, do not do this near any in-flammables. You may also use the top of your gas stove if you do not have a chef’s torch.
  • Place graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl.
  • In the top of a double boiler, set over simmering water, or in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, heat half the chocolate and half the shortening, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and chocolate and shortening are combined. Stir until completely smooth. Do not heat the chocolate too much or your chocolate will lose it’s shine after it has dried.  Alternately, you can microwave the same amount of chocolate coating pieces on high at 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
  • Quickly dip each caramelized Marshmallow half way into the melted chocolate, swirling quickly to coat it completely. Shake off any excess into the melted chocolate.
  • Immediately after dipping in chocolate, dip each caramelized marshmallow coated with chocolate into your bowl of graham cracker crumbs and set directly on wax paper.
  • After you have dipped all caramelized marshmallows in chocolate and graham cracker crumbs,  repeat dipping each marshmallow in graham cracker crumbs atleast 1-2 more times.

, , , ,

14 Responses to Toasted Campfire S’more Pops Recipe

1. Melissa Johnson
    Jan May 23, 2011 at 2:01 am #

Never knew just 4 ingredients could look that good. Well done ladies!

2. Canterbury Cakes June 5, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

I bet these are really tasty! Thanks for sharing.

3. Helen June 11, 2011 at 11:36 pm #

You don’t need the blow torch if you have a gas stove. these are quite fun. I tried out a few and will make the next batch w/o the stix for a grownup bbq.

4. Jaime June 15, 2011 at 3:32 am #

Always a hit…. They are great for kids parties! I’ve made them, without toasting, for birthday parties for my kids over the past two years. I usually serve them in an ivy bowl, filled with m&ms and tied with a pretty ribbon. Must try the toasted version for the next party! Thanks.

5. Betty June 15, 2011 at 6:07 am #

I don’t care for the taste of things toasted with the torch or the gas stove. I like to use an unscented candle when I toast marshmallows in-doors.

6. Pia -- Cake Pop Fusion June 16, 2011 at 1:08 am #

Love this post! Thanks for sharing!

~ Pia
    Cake Pop Fusion

7. Stephanie June 20, 2011 at 2:07 am #

These look so good… I think I’m going to make them and include them with Ray’s grandma and mom’s birthday presents!

8. Nike@ChooseToThrive June 20, 2011 at 2:48 pm #

Pure genius ladies, pure genius! I can’t wait to try these with the kiddos. Yummy … :)

9. Ashton Swank
    Ashton August 10, 2011 at 9:38 pm #

I love ANYTHING smores! :) Thanks for sharing this :) I’d love for you to link up to my sweet treats party & GIVEAWAY tomorrow! Hope to see you there :)

Ashton
    {Sweet Treats Thursday} Thu-Sun

PS- I liked you on facebook and stumble, I’d love a follow back :)

10. maryazm August 12, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

I used the stove top to toast. Easy…used a fork to hold the end and put the sticks in afterwords (that was a little tricky). Put the stick in while on the fork, then used another fork to help slide it off. Oh, and the major difference was I used Campfire’s GIGANTIC marshmallow. HUGE. Drizzled a little bit of the melted chocolate on them and sprinkled some more marshmallow crumbs over that. After taste testing went into a sugar coma.

• Melissa Johnson
      Melissa Johnson August 13, 2013 at 8:18 am #

That is such a great idea! Sounds like a little piece of heaven.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 101 MORE Ways to Embrace Summer | Family Your Way - May 28, 2012

[…] 63. Toast campfire s’mores. […]

2. Popular Dessert Trends of 2011 | Best Friends For Frosting - August 15, 2012

[…] Toasted Campfire S’more Pops on our blog HERE. […]

3. Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake Dessert | Best Friends For Frosting - August 15, 2012

[…] than plain marshmallows.  Trust me, we know this… just check out our custom recipe for  Toasted Campfire S’more Pops.   Joy The Baker has spoke our language by sharing  Chef Spike from Top Chef’s exclusive […]