Summer is only a skip and a hop away. The weather in California is perfect for barbecues, picnics, and camping. We are giving summer a warm welcome by preparing our latest custom recipe instructional, Toasted Campfire S’more Pops. If you are looking for a quick and simple recipe, this 4 ingredient dessert is just for you. These were so much fun to create. Children of all ages will enjoy this hands on activity. We hope you find this as fun as we did.
XO, Melissa & Nancy
BFFF’s Toasted Campfire S’more Pops
Yields 30 Marshmallow Pops
(1) Package of 6 inch Cake Pop Sticks
(1) 28 oz bag of Campfire Marshmallows
(1) box of graham cracker crumbs
(1) 12 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
(2) Tablespoons of Crisco
(1) Sheet of wax paper
- Insert one stick into the middle of each marshmallow. Helpful tip, place your hand on top of the marshmallow while inserting your stick to ensure it does not exceed breaking through the top of your marshmallow.
- Using a chef’s torch / creme brulee torch, caramelize each marshmallow 5-8 seconds, working the torch around the marshmallow. Caution, do not do this near any in-flammables. You may also use the top of your gas stove if you do not have a chef’s torch.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl.
- In the top of a double boiler, set over simmering water, or in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, heat half the chocolate and half the shortening, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and chocolate and shortening are combined. Stir until completely smooth. Do not heat the chocolate too much or your chocolate will lose it’s shine after it has dried. Alternately, you can microwave the same amount of chocolate coating pieces on high at 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Quickly dip each caramelized Marshmallow half way into the melted chocolate, swirling quickly to coat it completely. Shake off any excess into the melted chocolate.
- Immediately after dipping in chocolate, dip each caramelized marshmallow coated with chocolate into your bowl of graham cracker crumbs and set directly on wax paper.
- After you have dipped all caramelized marshmallows in chocolate and graham cracker crumbs, repeat dipping each marshmallow in graham cracker crumbs atleast 1-2 more times.