You can’t go back to school cool without these Caramel Apple Cupcakes. The wooden Popsicle stick decoration on top really gives these a traditional touch. This Caramel Apple Cupcake Recipe is a must have for your next Autumn / Fall Bash or Halloween party. I found this recipe at Recipe Bridge.
Caramel Apple Cupcake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pkg (14 oz) 50 caramel candies
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Ice cream sticks
- Red jimmies or sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F. You’ll need 24 muffin cups lined with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat applesauce, sugars, butter, sour cream and eggs in a bowl with mixer on low speed just to combine. in flour mixture until well blended.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. 30 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in cupcakes comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Heat caramels in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Add heavy cream and stir until combined. Cool 2 minutes. Working quickly, while mixture is still warm, spread top of each cupcake with 2 tsp of glaze. If glaze gets hard to spread, heat on low, stirring until more melted. Insert an ice cream stick into center and top with jimmies or sprinkles, if using. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to set.