Ready to add a new flavor to your traditional Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe? Try The Novice Chef Blog’s Chai Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe. I am a huge fan of both, Chai Tea Lattes and Snickerdoodle Cookies. Jessica says “They are soft, chewy, and full of flavor. They have the wonderful, slight sour flavor of traditional snickerdoodles…but they also have that amazing warm, spicy flavor you expect from chai tea. The combination of the two makes one hell of a cookie!” I am definitely convinced to try these.
Chai Snickerdoodle Cookies
Yield: 16-18 large cookies
for the snickerdoodles:
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
for the chai sugar:
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookies sheets with silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together chai sugar mix. Set aside.
- In stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Form dough into large balls (I used about 2 tablespoons of dough for each dough ball), roll in chai sugar mix, and place baking sheet. Leave space for cookies to spread. Bake for 14 minutes and allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store up to 5 days in an airtight container. Try to not eat them all in one sitting. :-)