Here is a rich chocolate frosting recipe. It’s easy to pipe and swirl on top of cupcakes. Beantown Baker had tried several chocolate frosting recipes. Including Chocolate Ganache, Hershy’s Chocolate Frosting and Chocolate American Buttercream. Neither frosting recipe was perfect for her cupcakes. Luckily, she came across a Dark Chocolate Frosting recipe from Baking Heart. However, she did switch up the recipe just a hair by substituting milk with Baileys. Truthfully, this Chocolate Frosting sounds rich and lush either way.
Dark Chocolate Frosting – adapted from My Baking Heart –
*Yields 24 cupcakes
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk (or Baileys)
- Cream butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Slowly add milk until frosting reaches desired consistency, then beat another 5 minutes creamy.