pages

On Our Radar // 16 Favorite Frosting Recipes by Popular Dessert Bloggers

I cannot tell you how many times I have been in a bind for a highly reviewed “favorite frosting recipe” to top my best cupcakes and cake recipes with.  When I go on popular recipe websites, I worry that the people who rate the frostings don’t have the same standards that I have.  I constantly wish I had the best frosting recipes of all of my favorite dessert bloggers right at my fingertips. Even more conveniently, I want them all in one place!  So, I set out on a mission and personally contacted some of my favorite dessert bloggers and simply asked them for their favorites. Here is what they recommend as their go-to frosting recipes.

(1). Check out Angie from Bakerella ‘s favorite frosting recipe here: – Vanilla Frosting & Chocolate Ganache Frosting Recipe

(2). Check out Marian from Sweetopia ‘s  favorite frosting recipe.  It’s a perfect icing to decorate beautiful cookies with: - Royal Icing Recipe

(3). Check out Sara from Our Best Bites favorite frosting recipe here: - Chocolate Frosting Recipe

(4). Check out Rosie from Sweetapolia ‘s favorite frosting recipe: – Whipped Vanilla Bean Frosting Recipe

(5) Glory from Glorious Treats has 2 favorite frosting recipes that are especially great for piping onto cupcakes:  American Buttercream Frosting Recipe & Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

(6). Check out Bridget from Bake at 350 ‘s favorite frosting recipe.  It’s her favorite frosting recipe to ice and decorate cookies with: – Royal Icing Recipe

(7). Check out Naomi from Bakers Royale ‘s favorite Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting recipe.  She personally developed this recipe: – Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting Recipe

(8). Check out Amanda from I am Baker ‘s favorite frosting recipe that truly holds it’s shape: – Perfect Crusting Buttercream Frosting Recipe

(9). Lyndsay from Coco Cake ‘s favorite frosting is Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Ganache recipe.  You wont believe how easy this recipe is to make.: – Chocolate Ganache Frosting Recipe

(10). Are you guilty of always sneaking into the cookie dough?  You will love Julie from Always With Butter ‘s favorite frosting recipe: – Cookie Dough Frosting & Filling Recipe

(11). Jessie from CakeSpy cannot stop eating her latest peanut butter frosting recipe that she recently developed for All Natural Peanut Butter & Co. She used these to fill her Elvis Whoopie Pies: – Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe

(12). If you’re a sucker for hummingbird cake like Rebecca from Ezra Pound Cake, you will love her favorite Frosting Recipe: - Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

(13). If you are searching for the perfect frosting to use on a wedding cake, Brittany from Edible Details has you covered.  In culinary school, she had an opportunity to compare Italian Meringue Buttercream, Swiss Meringue Buttercream, and French Meringue Buttercream…  Check our Brittany’s favorite frosting recipe which frosted perfectly on the wedding cake pictured above: Martha Stewart’s Italian Merginue Buttercream Frosting Recipe

(14). And as for me (Best Friends For Frosting) I am a big fan of Billy’s Bakery Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe, Sprinkles Cupcakes buttercream frosting recipe; however, Magnolia Bakery’s Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe is my overall favorite frosting recipe.  This is definitely my go-to frosting recipe that I often use: –  Magnolia Bakery’s Vanilla Frosting Recipe

(15). Check out Irvin from Eat The Love ‘s favorite frosting recipe.  It’s fluffy, not too sweet and rich but not in a heavy way.  It’s also one of the easiest frosting recipes to make: – Italian Meringue Buttercream Frosting Recipe

(16). Check out Maria from Two Peas & Their Pod ‘s favorite chocolate frosting recipe.  She loved pairing this frosting on her zucchini cupcakes: – Hershey’s Chocolate Frosting Recipe

So I have to ask… Which frosting recipes do you plan on trying next?

**Sweet graphics included within this post were designed by: New Shop Design

35 Responses to 16 Favorite Frosting Recipes by Popular Dessert Bloggers

1. amy January 26, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Yum! These all sound amazing! I really want to try the vanilla bean frosting!

2. Carmen Taylor
    Carmen January 26, 2012 at 9:52 am #

I LOVE this. I see a little baking in my near future.

• Melissa Johnson
      Melissa Johnson January 26, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

I hope so! I thought of you when I posted the Hummingbird Cake frosting! ;)

3. Maria January 26, 2012 at 10:17 am #

You just sent me into a frosting frenzy! I have so many recipes to try! Thanks for including us in your round up!

• Melissa Johnson
      Melissa Johnson January 26, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

We love your blog. It was such a pleasure to have you included as well. XO

4. Nadi'Art {Design} January 26, 2012 at 10:58 am #

Wow ! Amazing ! I’m so happy about that sending ♥
    I’m gone a be making a book with that for references :)
    Thank you so much !
    Have a great day xXOo

• Melissa Johnson
      Melissa Johnson January 26, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

These will make a great reference for you to write down in your personal recipe book! Great idea.

5. Marian (Sweetopia) January 26, 2012 at 11:10 am #

So many amazing recipes! I see lots of frosting making in my future. ;-) Thanks for including me among so many talented bloggers!

• Melissa Johnson
      Melissa Johnson January 26, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Me too! So glad to have you included too. You’re a rock star!

• Marian (Sweetopia) January 26, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

Hardly! (rock star) But you are so sweet for saying that! So nice to chat with you today btw. xo

6. Ashleigh January 26, 2012 at 11:40 am #

I better go make some cake because I have some frosting recipes to try! Beautiful pictures always correlate with tasty recipes. Thanks to everyone for sharing!

• Melissa Johnson
      Melissa Johnson January 26, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Thanks Ashleigh! I am right with you on that. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoy this.

7. jackie dryden January 26, 2012 at 11:41 am #

I am definately going to try each and every one! YUM!

• Melissa Johnson
      Melissa Johnson January 26, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

That is great Jackie. Don’t forget to drop back by and let us know how they turn out for you!

8. Aga @ a matter of taste January 26, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

That is awesome collection of frosting recipes! Thanks for sharing :)

9. Leslie Reese
    Leslie Reese January 26, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

What fun! I will definitely be in the “test kitchen” after this! Great post! :)

• Melissa Johnson
      Melissa Johnson January 26, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Can’t wait to hear your reviews straight from a pro! XO

10. The Hungry Housewife January 26, 2012 at 4:10 pm #

Great post….I could live off of all of those frostings!!!

11. Willa Ham January 26, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

How do I pull up the recipes? Love these late night FROSTING posts!!

THANKS!

12. Christa January 27, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Ooh, I can’t wait to try these out. I wonder if I will like any of them better than my own Whipped Rum Buttercream, which is my current fave.

13. bridget {bake at 350} January 27, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

Thank you SO much for including my royal icing in your round-up! I have bookmarked this post because I want to make EACH and EVERY one of the others!!!

14. Phoebe March 10, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Frosting just makes cake so much better! I really love Swiss meringue buttercream because it’s so silky and fluffy

15. Rivi May 16, 2012 at 11:44 am #

Aww, the peanut butter frosting link broke! ;_;

16. Kim Knott June 27, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

I have just written an icing an ebook called “Icing Only” with 50 recipes. It will be available on kindle in the next week. I would be thrilled if you checked it out.

• Jeni July 7, 2012 at 9:58 am #

My frostings NEVER works with me.. I am super happy I have found this blog, I cannot wait to try them! Thank u :)

17. lisa April 4, 2013 at 11:29 pm #

hi Melissa I love your cakes I just wanted to know do u have any good filling recipes for a vanilla cake its for my daughters turning 3 she doesn’t like butter or cheese and cant have penut butter .. I was thinking of a vanilla custard if you have the recipe or any good filling will be great im going to put fondent on top please help thanx him

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 28 Popular Dessert Bloggers Share Their All-Time Favorite Cupcake Recipe | Best Friends For Frosting - March 1, 2012

[...] after receiving such great reviews of our recent post featuring 16 Favorite Frosting Recipes from Popular Dessert Bloggers, we’ve created just the thing to end your search. We got to work, contacting 28 of our [...]

2. Let’s Talk Frosting - May 2, 2012

[...] are looking for other great tried and true frosting recipes, I highly recommend checking out the amazing recipe round up over at Best Friends For Frosting.   This post features 16 Favorite Frosting Recipes From Popular Dessert Bloggers.   Talk about [...]

3. Thursday Things - June 14, 2012

[...] This post has links to 16 bloggers’ favorite frosting recipes. Wow. [...]

4. 14 Popular Bloggers All-Time Favorite Cookie Recipes | Best Friends For Frosting - September 25, 2012

[...] when we showcased so many of our favorite bloggers with our 16 Favorite Frosting Recipes and 28 Popular Blog’s Favorite Cupcake Recipes? Well, we’re at it again, but this time [...]

5. Frosting Fun | A Homeschool Mom - February 5, 2013

[...] Best-Friends for Frosting [...]

6. Cupcakes | chefbabe.at - June 17, 2013

[...] Icing/Frosting / Glasur-Rezepte kann man bei bestfriendsforfrosting.com [...]