Wrigley & “Sweets Stylist” Amy Atlas teamed up to ask dessert bloggers “How do YOU use Wrigley gum and confections in your entertaining, celebrating, or DIY-ing?” As a true fan of both Amy Atlas & Wrigley, this was an opportunity I just had to sign up for and be a part of! Two days later, there was a 10 pound box of candy at my door step. I refer to it as a “lifetime of Wrigley candy.” Thanks Wrigley!
With Valentine’s Day only 1 week away, I wanted to create something truly unique. I needed to get out of my comfort zone to work on this project, so my dear friend Tessa at The Frosted Cake Shop invited me to her cake studio. I have always adored the concept of Ugly Sweater Christmas Parties, even though I still have never been to one. So, I unleashed my inner-hipster, and Tessa and I collaborated on creating an Ugly Sweater Valentine’s Cake. We decorated the cake using the following Wrigley candy: Skittles, Big Red Gum, Skittles Blenders, Starburst, Small Sugar Free Peppermint Altoids, Original Peppermint Altoids, Life Savers, Wint-O-Green Lifesavers, Orbit Bubblemint Gum, and Strawberry remix gum.
How to Make an Ugly Sweater Valentine’s Day Cake
You will need:
- Baked cake in a 9×13 sheet pan
- Baked cake in an 8 Inch square baking pan
- Batch of your favorite frosting recipe
- 8 Marshmallows
- The following Wrigley Candy: Skittles, Big Red Gum, Skittles Blenders, Starburst, Small Sugar Free Peppermint Altoids, Original Peppermint Altoids, Life Savers, Wint-O-Green Lifesavers, Orbit Bubblemint Gum, and Strawberry remix gum.
- Make a template by cutting a piece of paper to the same size as your cake tin. Shape the shoulders and neck, then cut out the sides to reveal the sleeves. Make sure you don’t make the shape too intricate. Keep it simple.
- Spread a small layer of pink frosting over the entire cake.
- Begin placing your Wrigley candy in the fun pattern which is shown in the photo.
- Roll 8 marshmallows out with a rolling pin or a fondant rolling pin. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut each marshmallow out as a heart and add it to your cake.
BAM! You just made the raddest Ugly Valentines Sweater Cake on the block!
Disclosure: I have received free product courtesy of Wrigley, but that did not influence any opinions expressed in this post.Pin It