Back to school season is in full swing. While the school supply aisles have been crowded with eager students, I have been busy coming up with different ways to reinvent traditional school treats for our partnership with Sprinkles and Grins, a website brought to you by Betty Crocker & Cake Mate. Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing some of my favorite back to school treats as well as telling you about a great way for you to get involved with Back to School Bake Off.
Sometimes when summer comes to an end, kids are feeling a little less than excited to go back to school. The end of summer means no more pool visits, picnics, or Tuesday morning cartoons. But just because those favorites have to end, it doesn’t mean that school isn’t worth celebrating! Remind your kids how fun school can be with this Back to School Cake, letting them know that school is a piece of cake!
You will need:
- One confetti cake baked in round cake pans (You can make this by adding Cake Mate Rainbow Sprinkles to your white cake batter)
- One tube of Pink Cake Mate Glitter Icing
- One tube of Cake Mate Rainbow Dots Confetti Icing
- One tube of Pink Cake Mate Bakery Icing
- Pretty note paper to write “school is a piece of cake” on
- Cake Mate Cupcake Gems Perfect Pearls
- Cake Mate Star Decorating Tip
Pipe Pink Cake Mate Glitter Icing between layers of cake.
Pipe swirls of icing around the top of your cake.
Carefully add Cake Mate Cupcake Gems Perfect Pearls onto pink swirls.
Slice one piece of cake. For best results, use a knife dipped in hot water.Pin It