Back to school season is in full swing. While the school supply aisles have been crowded with eager students, I have been busy coming up with different ways to reinvent traditional school treats for our partnership with Sprinkles and Grins, a website brought to you by Betty Crocker & Cake Mate. Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing some of my favorite back to school treats as well as telling you about a great way for you to get involved with Back to School Bake Off!
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have been the old standby for a countless number of years. Why not revamp this classic lunchbox sandwich by using cake instead of bread! Bake your cake, cut it into pieces, and make this sandwich just like the classic. I added White Cake Mate Bakery Icing to the peanut butter to make it even sweeter. Swap out the pudding cup and add this sweet sandwich cake to your child’s lunchbox. They won’t be willing to switch with anyone.
You will need:
- One white cake mix baked as directed in a 13×8 Pan
- 2 tubes of White Cake Mate Bakery Icing
- 5 tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 4 tablespoons of Strawberry Jam
- Once cooled, slice cake into sandwich like squares.
- Your cake will be thick enough to cut in half to make two pieces of “bread.”
- Mix peanut butter and icing in a bowl. Spread with knife on one slice of “bread.”
- Mix strawberry jam and icing in a bowl. Spread on another piece of “bread.” Spread additional strawberry jam on top of strawberry icing to give it a real “jelly” look.
- Put both pieces of cake together to look like a sandwich.