Chocolate and caramel are a decadent match made in heaven. This recipe combines JELL-O Instant Chocolate and Vanilla Puddings to create a moist, creamy cake that takes less than 2 hours to prepare. This is the perfect cure for any holiday sweet tooth!
Prep Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 1 hour 50 min. (incl. cooling) | Makes: 16 servings
What You Need:
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 25 KRAFT Caramels
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 3 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 16 PLANTERS Pecan Halves
- PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round layers, adding dry chocolate pudding mix to the cake mix before mixing with liquid ingredients. Cool cakes in pans 10 min.; invert onto wire racks. Remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MEANWHILE, microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min.; stir. Microwave 2 min. or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each minute. Add dry vanilla pudding mix; whisk 2 min. Cool 15 min. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP. Refrigerate 20 min. or until chilled.
- CUT cakes horizontally in half; stack on plate, spreading 1/3 of the caramel mixture between each layer.
- MICROWAVE remaining COOL WHIP and chocolate in microwaveable bowl 2 min. or until blended, stirring after each minute. Cool 10 min. Spread over torte, allowing excess glaze to drip down side. Sprinkle with nuts.
Omit chocolate pudding. Prepare using a yellow cake mix and 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each).
JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding.
How to Store: