Raise your hand if you grew up with M&M’s! These colorful candies have always been a memorable staple in all of my holiday celebrations. From my Easter basket to my Christmas stocking, I can always count on them to make an appearance. It was such a happy day when they released Peanut Butter M&M’s – I am a chocolate & peanut butter girl at heart!
With the holidays upon us, I was thrilled to put these red & green Peanut Butter M&M’s to sweet use. I decided to make Mrs. Green’s delicious, super-simple brownie recipe, and I mixed in a generous helping of holiday-colored M&M’s for extra festive cheer. How perfect are these to bring to a holiday party or to leave out with a glass of milk on Christmas Eve?! Santa would approve!
Ms. Green’s Ultimate M&M’S® Peanut Butter Brownies
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 32 brownies
4oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups M&M’S® Peanut Butter Candies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lightly grease a rectangular 13x9x2 inch pan
3. In a 3-quart saucepan, gently combine the semi-sweet chocolate and oil over very low heat until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla and eggs until blended. Add in the chocolate mixture. Slowly sift in the remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Fold in 1 ½ cups of M&M’S® Peanut Butter candies.
6. Spread the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of candies and press lightly.
7. Bake until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Your favorite chocolate candies are bundled up for Winter in festive holiday colors. Available in Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Almond and Pretzel. Holidays are Better with M. Learn More.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars