Hi, I’m Lisa and I’m the Swedish blogger behind “Sockerrus – The Sweet Blog”. Today I’m sharing a tutorial on how to make these pretty winter cookies. What I love about these cookies is that they are so easily adaptable – you can make them in any color you’d like! My favorite winter color is definitely silver. I simply just can’t get enough of it and I try to include as many silver details as possible on all of my winter treats. But if you are more of gold person, feel free to just go with gold.
What you’ll need:
- Oreos, or substitute another round cookie with a smooth surface
- Round cutter
- Snowflake cutter
- Jam (smooth)
- A brush
- Metallic food paint
- Sugar pearl sprinkles in assorted sizes
- Cut snowflakes from fondant using your snowflake cutter and let them dry. Once fully dried, dab some water (or use royal icing or edible glue) and sprinkle some sugar pearls in the middle of the snowflakes.
- Cut out round shapes of fondant that are almost the same size as the cookies. Brush the cookies with jam and put the fondant circles on top.
- Paint the circles with metallic food paint. Attach snowflake and sprinkles while the paint is still a bit wet.
*You can substitute the fondant for marzipan.
*If you want some variety, try and use a different cutter shape or use a letter punch to write a little message on the cookies. Either way, I’m sure your friends and family will love these pretty winter cookies.