Hi everyone! Brittany from Edible Details here to share a fun tutorial on how to make shimmer fondant pearls! Sometimes the most striking detail to a dessert can be something as simple as a shimmery sprinkle! My tutorial will show you a fast and easy method for making your own shimmer fondant pearls at home. These edible decorations will be the perfect addition to your next dessert!
Shimmer Fondant Pearls Tutorial
What you’ll need:
- Circle pastry tip
- Baking sheet or flat surface prepared with parchment paper
- Vodka in a spray bottle
- Luster dust
- Roll out your fondant to approximately 1/8″ thick and use a circle pastry tip to cut out circles. You can play around with both the thickness of your fondant and/or different size tips to achieve desired pearl size.
- Mash each circle to “re-soften” and then roll into a ball. Lay out to dry on a piece of parchment paper for 6-12 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once the fondant balls have dried completely, place in a clear container and spritz VERY lightly with 1 spray of vodka from a spray bottle. The light amount of liquid needed to coat the pearls is less than you would think. Quickly add a small amount of desired shimmer (luster dust) color.
- Cover and toss fondant with luster dust until coated.
- Place beads onto parchment paper to dry. This step will only take a few minutes.
- If you plan on storing your fondant pearls, let them dry 48 hours for smaller pearls and a full week if your pearls are larger than 1/4″ wide. Pearls can be stored for up to a year in a cool, dry place such as a pantry or cupboard. Keep away from moisture or direct sunlight.