Hello Best Friends For Frosting fans. It’s Mercedes again from Satisfy My Sweet Tooth! I love that I am able to share desserts with you during my favorite season of the year to bake. This time of year, I am especially drawn to recipes that are colorful and festive, and these Individual Vanilla Cherry Cakelets are the perfect dessert to serve at a party or as a simple, yet delicious, dessert after a meal.
These tiny cakes are bursting with vanilla flavor, and the juicy cherries on top provide great color and a hint of tartness that balances the sweet flavor of the cake. This dessert can be made in a mini tart pan or in a muffin pan, and you could also sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar over the cooled cakes for extra decoration. Enjoy!
Vanilla Cherry Cakelets
Adapted from Pure Vanilla by Shauna Sever
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- powdered sugar for decoration, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini tart pan or muffin pan liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Mix in eggs.
- Mix in flour and beat until just incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into cavities of prepared pan. Only fill each about 2/3 full.
- Place 2-3 cherries on top of each mound of batter.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into cakes comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.