It’s Nikki from Tikkido here again, and this time with a seriously simple dessert. It’s called a Raspberry Fool, and it’s a gorgeous pink color. And if that’s not enough to tempt you, it’s insanely easy to make and absolutely delicious! A quick note on Instant Clear Gel: I have a lifetime-and-then-some supply from an Amish grocery store in Kalona, Iowa, and for years, that’s the only place I could find it. However, today it’s more widely available on the internet, from commercial baking sources, Amazon, and King Arthur Flour. Instant Clear Gel is a modified corn starch thickener, and is fabulous for stabilizing whipped cream, thickening pies, and more.
- 1 lb frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Instant Clear Jel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar and Instant Clear Jel, and set aside.
- Thaw frozen raspberries, keeping all the liquid. Add the thawed berries and juice to the sugar and clear jel mixture. Stir gently until well combined, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, whip the heavy whipping cream to a stiff peak.
- Lighten fruit with about 1/3 of the whipped cream. Fold in the remaining whipped cream, incorporating the raspberry mixture into the whipped cream thoroughly, but take care to preserve as much of the lightness and air as possible.
- Refrigerate until served; this Raspberry Fool can be made a day ahead of time.