Hi foodie friends! It’s Brooke from Sucre Shop, and I’m so excited to share my latest and greatest sweet idea: Cupcake Milk! The list of uses for this flavorful Cupcake Milk is almost endless. Here, I am using it in a simple and delicious way by making a Cupcake Latte. This treat tastes so good that I honestly expect it to be a fixture on major coffee shop menus in the near future! The great news is that it’s just as simple to make at home.
- Vanilla cupcakes from your favorite cupcake recipe (I used the Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake from Cupcake Project)
- 2% milk
- French press OR
- Strainer and cheesecloth
- The ratio to make a good, flavorful cupcake milk is one cupcake to one cup of milk. After your cupcakes are baked, wait for them to cool completely. Once the cupcakes have cooled, measure out 1 cup of milk and steep your cupcake in it for 15 minutes. The cupcake will completely absorb the milk and become spongy, and it may fall apart.
- Since I have only tested this with my favorite cupcake recipe from Cupcake Project, I’d recommend checking your cupcake as it is steeping to make sure it’s absorbing the milk. A denser cupcake may need to be cut into pieces before steeping to make sure all the flavors are released into the milk. Remember to use a cupcake with great flavor, since your milk will only be as good as your cupcake!
- After your cupcake has had a 15 minute soak, the next step is to strain the milk so it is infused with all of the flavor of the cupcake and it is still nice and smooth. If you have a french press at home, using it will make the whole process super simple. You can do your cupcake soak in the french press, and filter it in there too. If you don’t have a french press, I recommend using a double layer of cheesecloth over a strainer and straining the milk into a bowl. You can gently press on your cupcake with the back of a spoon to squeeze out all of the milk.
Once you have a cup of Cupcake Milk in the house, your mind will wander, and you’ll think of a list of things to do with it! Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Drink Cupcake Milk plain
- Make a Cupcake Latte
- Use it to make Cupcake Icing
- Use it to make Cupcake Rice Pudding
Cupcake Milk can be used in place of milk in any of your recipes, and it will add a great depth of flavor.
This idea was inspired by Christina Tosi of Momofuku Milk Bar. She developed Cereal Milk, and my Cupcake Milk uses her idea in a different application. I hope this recipe will inspire you to make new dessert creations too!Pin It