We’re thrilled to share this amazing salty-sweet snack with you today. It’s incredibly easy to make and impossible to resist. There’s something magical that happens during the 75 minutes it takes to bake in the oven. A few simple ingredients turn into the most wonderful snack. The malt powder adds an incredible depth of flavor that other similar snacks like caramel corn (though delicious) just don’t have.
Malted Pretzel Peanut Crunch
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 bag pretzels, crushed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3 sticks butter
- 1 cup malted milk powder
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Crush the pretzels. I opened a small hole in the top of the bag to let air escape, and then I smashed the bag with a kitchen mallet. You could use a rolling pin or even your hands; just break the pretzels into small pieces however you prefer to do so. Place pretzels and peanuts in a large roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, sugar, powdered milk, and butter (not the malt powder) in a medium saucepan. Heat these ingredients and stir until the butter is melted, and the mixture starts to bubble. Pour over the pretzels and peanuts and mix well, coating all the pieces.
- Now it’s time for the malt powder. After the pretzels and peanuts have been coated with the syrup, add the cup of malt powder, and mix well.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool and devour.
I’m really not sure if this could get any better, but I’ve found myself daydreaming about adding in other things. Maybe chocolate chips after the crunch has cooled down?
What would you add to make this already amazing snack even more over-the-top?Pin It