Today, we’re thrilled to have Mindy of Creative Juice sharing this sweet Sweet Springtime Daisy Macaron tutorial. With gorgeous flowers on top, this cake is perfect for spring!
Spring is certainly in the air. The flowers are blooming, and the birds are chirping. Allow these adorable Daisy Macarons to brighten your day! Using simple materials like royal icing, sprinkles, and candy, you can transform a plain macaron into something incredibly special, and today we’re showing you how.
- Yellow macaron shells (Use your favorite recipe or one from Bravetart)
- Vanilla bean buttercream
- White and yellow nonpareil sprinkles
- White royal icing
- Green Apple Pull-n-Peel Twizzlers
- Pair similar sized macaron shells and fill them with vanilla bean buttercream. Place an individual Twizzler strand in the buttercream like the stem of a flower. Place them in the refrigerator in an airtight container to chill for an hour. While this is not a necessary step, it will help keep the macarons from sliding around as you handle them while decorating.
- Remove your macarons from the refrigerator.
- Using the royal icing, pipe a dot in the middle of your macaron shell.
- Apply the yellow nonpareils to the wet icing to create the center of the flower. Allow to dry.
- Apply royal icing in the shape of petals around the yellow center and apply white nonpareils.
- Use a toothpick to maneuver sprinkles into the desired shape. Allow to dry.
- For presentation, place the macarons on the platter and cut different lengths of green twizzlers to look like grass
These make us think about being a kid again and running through the grass picking flowers!
What is your favorite memory of spring as a kid?
For more creative dessert inspiration from Mindy, visit her site, Creative Juice.