Looking for a unique twist on the classic berries and cream combo? These Berry Coconut Trifles use whipped cream that’s made from coconut milk, giving this naturally red, white, and blue dessert a distinctive flavor. With Fourth of July just around the corner, these trifles make the perfect dairy-free addition to any gathering. They’re simple to make, plus they spare you the misery of having to turn on your oven in this hot summer weather!
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE BERRY COCONUT TRIFLES
Coconut whipped cream adapted from Oh She Glows
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE BERRY COCONUT TRIFLES INGREDIENTS:
—1 cup blueberries
—1 cup strawberries, sliced
—1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
—2 tablespoons sugar
—1 teaspoon vanilla extract
STEP BY STEP RED, WHITE, AND BLUE BERRY COCONUT TRIFLES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Flip the can of refrigerated coconut milk upside down.
- Open the can, pour out the excess milk, and remove the hardened coconut cream.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the coconut cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. The texture should resemble whipped cream.
- Fill a 16-inch pastry bag with the coconut whipped cream.
- Place a layer of blueberries at the bottom of each trifle bowl.
- Pipe a layer of coconut whipped cream over the top.
- Place a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the coconut whipped cream and continue layering the berries and cream until you reach the top of the bowl.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
What’s your favorite patriotic dessert?