This broccoli salad recipe is addicting! You can find it pre-made in the deli at the supermarket, but it tastes so much better when it’s made fresh at home. And the best part? It’s so easy to throw together yourself. This delicious side dish goes great with summer barbecue foods, and it definitely has the power to convert those who refuse to eat their broccoli!
—2 heads of broccoli
—1/2 pound crumbled bacon
—1 red onion, diced
—3/4 cup raisins
—1 cup mayo
—3/4 cup cashews
—1/2 cup sugar
—2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- For the dressing, whisk mayo, sugar, and vinegar until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook bacon, and then crumble (real pre-cooked bacon bits will work, as well).
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces, and dice the onion.
- Combine raisins, nuts, bacon, and onions with the broccoli.
- Mix in dressing, and serve.
Do you have a favorite broccoli-inspired recipe? Tell us about it!