Looking for an easy summer dessert? This cheesecake recipe comes together in minutes and doesn’t even require you to turn on your oven. It’s not heavy or dense, like regular cheesecake, and the key lime juice adds a refreshing summer twist. There’s something fun about having your own individual cheesecake and eating right out of the pan with a spoon. But if you don’t want to use mini-pie pans, this recipe also makes one 9-inch pie that you can slice up and share!
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
–1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
–2 tablespoons granulated sugar
–6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
–8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
–1/2 cup granulated sugar
–1 teaspoon vanilla extract
–The juice of 8 key limes
–8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- For the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts, and press into each pie pan.
- Set the pie pans in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- For the filling, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and key lime juice, and mix until incorporated.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture, and divide the mixture evenly between the 4 pie crusts. Let set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
What’s your favorite individually sized dessert?