No matter what the theme is at your next bash, these colorful straws will make perfect party favors! Your guests will leave with sparkly reminders of all the fun they had. Or if you want these sticks all to yourself, set them up in a cute display anywhere in your house! There are plenty of options with this Confetti Stix project by our exclusive DIY contributor, Jessica of The Confetti Bar. Here’s what Jessica has to say about the project:
“Looking for a fun and easy way to add a little color and sparkle to your life? These DIY Confetti Stix are sure to do the trick! You can even customize the colors to match any theme or style. If you ever want to use any of the confetti, simply cut open the straw! Each straw holds just about the perfect amount for filling an envelope or two, so why not write a friend a sweet note and add some confetti? It’s sure to brighten anyone’s day!”
—Large, clear straws (about 1/2″ wide)
1. Take your straw and staple one end closed. Try to get it as close to the opening as possible while still being secure.
2. Fill up the open end of the straw with confetti. Depending on the size straw you are using, just make sure the confetti pieces can fit!
3. Staple the other end closed, just like in Step 1.
4. Brush on some glue in a thin layer on each side, making sure to cover the staple.
5. Dip each end in the color glitter of your choice.
Ta-da! It’s that easy! You can fill up a glass vase to display your stix, or even wrap some up with ribbon if you want to give it as a gift!
Photos by Sassy Mouth Photography
Hair & Makeup by Krystalized Designs