There are few things that BFFF loves more than chocolate. While we all have our personal preferences when it comes to chocolate desserts, brownies consistently top the list. Melina Thompson of Sugary & Buttery has an incredibly decadent and glamorous twist on this classic chocolate treat, and we’re thrilled to have her sharing it with all of us today. Here’s what she has to say:
“Brownies are just such a classic. They are quick and easy to make, you can serve them at any occasion, and everyone loves them. But when you’re hosting an elegant dinner party, bridal shower or wedding, a little bit of golden sparkle won’t hurt anyone! Golden luster dust gives these super indulgent dark chocolate brownies an elegant look and will make an impressive addition to any dessert buffet, guaranteed.”
GOLD DUSTED DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
-1 cup flour
-1 stick butter
-2 cups sugar
-4 oz dark chocolate chips
-1 tablespoon extra dark cocoa powder
-golden luster dust
1. Melt the butter, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder over a double boiler. Set aside to cool down.
2. Beat the eggs until light in color and foamy in texture. Gradually add the sugar while continue to beat.
3. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and carefully mix it in by hand using a spatula. Before the mixture becomes uniformly colored, fold in the flour by hand until everything is well combined.
4. Grease a 9×13 inch pan and pour in the batter. Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes.
5. With a small brush, carefully apply the golden luster dust on top of the brownies until the whole surface is evenly covered. Cut the brownies and serve!