When it comes to the holidays, we want things simplified! We love quick and easy recipes that turn out wonderfully every time. Today, we’re thrilled to have Denell Pepin with us sharing this fantastic holiday recipe for Holiday Donut Cookies for Santa! Here is what she has to say:
These frosted sugar cookies are such a fun cookie to take to any Christmas party or cookie swap coming up in the next few days. Perfect for the holidays! And with only a few simple and quick steps, you’ll save plenty of time to enjoy with your family this holiday season. Dress them up for the holidays with your favorite sprinkles, and enjoy these simple, fun, and frosted sugar cookies with a big glass of milk!
HOLIDAY DONUT COOKIES FOR SANTA
-Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
-1 Stick of Butter, softened
-Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting
-Betty Crocker Green Gel Food Coloring
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Preparing the recipe is the easy part- simply combine all the ingredients into one large mixing bowl and stir until the dough is formed. Store the dough in the freezer while you prepare your frosting — this small detail helps when it comes time to actually shape the sugar cookies into small donuts!
3. While the dough is stored in the freezer, take Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting and Betty Crocker gel food coloring in green, and combine it into a bowl. Add about 5 drops of food coloring to one container of frosting, offering up a lovely, soft mint color.
4. For a little styling bonus, make sure to not over mix the food color and frosting – which will give your frosting a subtle ombre appearance – so chic! From there, simply put the mint green frosting into a freezer bag and cut one corner of the bag for piping.
5. Remove the dough from the freezer. Take about 2 tablespoons of dough and work the dough into a long tube shape and connect the ends to create the perfect round donut shape.
6. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
7. Once the cookies have cooled, pipe out a “frosting ring” onto the top of each donut cookie. Finish off the holiday donuts with white sprinkles.
Styling by Denell Pepin
Photography for Best Friends For Frosting by Megan Belanger