Love is in the air! Here at Best Friends For Frosting, Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite holidays. We love the girly colors, romantic flowers, and of course- the desserts! The perfect accent to any cake is a festive cake topper- which is why we are so overjoyed to have Niamh Osborne of Simply Earnest here to show us how to make these lovely DIY Confetti Heart Cake Toppers. Here is what Niamh has to say:
This simple Confetti Heart Cake Topper is the perfect addition to any dessert spread for Valentine’s Day. With pinks, reds, and a splash of purple, this fun DIY project is a great way to get inspired for the upcoming holiday.
DIY Confetti Heart Cake Toppers
-Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut a large piece of parchment paper and stick the corners down with sticky tape.
2. Using the sharpie, draw a heart shape onto the parchment paper.
3. Apply a little hot glue to the bottom point of the heart, place a skewer on top of the glue.
4. Glue around the outline of the heart and making sure to cover the tip of the skewer with hot glue.
5. Quickly sprinkle some confetti over the heart. Press down on the confetti to help adhere it to the glue.
6. Allow to set for 30 minutes.
7. Gently peel from the parchment paper. It should come off easily.