Summer is almost here and that means longer days, sun-kissed skin, and weekends spent pool-side with fabulous friends! And what goes better with all of that than a big scoop of ice cream?! Nothing beats those toasty days better than creamy, delicious ice cream melting down the side of a sugar cone. We’re thrilled to once again have Jessica Potts of A Happy Food Dance here to provide us with another amazing recipe!
Mixed within this smooth, homemade vanilla ice cream is caramel corn that is sweet, crunchy, and a tad salty–the most amazing combination of flavors!
This delectable dessert personifies warm weather, beach weekends, and summer nights all rolled into one. There is no wrong way to eat this tasty treat, whether it be shoved into a cone, made into a sundae, or just a simple spoonful with your morning coffee! See the recipe below:
CARAMEL CORN ICE CREAM
makes: 1 1/2 quarts
prep time: 15 minutes
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought caramel corn
- In a small bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. About three minutes.
- Remove bowl from mixer, and with a rubber spatula stir in condensed milk mixture.
- At the very end, add caramel corn and stir just to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan and cover.
- Freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
How will you enjoy this creamy goodness?
Photography by Jessica Potts.