There is absolutely nothing better than fresh grilled peaches, especially towards the end of summer! Jessica Potts of A Happy Food Dance is sharing another delicious recipe with us today. The perfect balance of salty and sweet, this grilled white peach and burrata salad is sure to impress your guests! Here at BFFF we are all about the easy and amazing recipes. With minimal effort, you can create this gorgeous and tasty salad for your friends and family in no time. Read on for more from Jessica about this delicious recipe!
“California peach season is still going strong and one of my favorite restaurants had THE BEST salad that I have ever had! It was this lovely mix of bright green arugula, soft burrata cheese, toasted walnuts and grilled fresh peaches – plus it was all drizzled with a balsamic glaze. I have never had a salad this delicious – the peach was still warm from the grill and the cool burrata cheese, the contrast in temperatures and flavors was just something that made you want to keep taking bites. Now if peaches aren’t your thing or you’re having trouble finding some good ones in the store, you could easily substitute plums or even a delicious pear! The fun thing about this salad is you can easily add or subtract according to your palate or what’s in season. So simple yet perfectly delicious!”
GRILLED CALIFORNIA PEACH SALAD
Makes: Two Salads
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 white California peaches (you could also sub in pears)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 ball fresh burrata cheese
- Balsamic glaze. Heat a grill or grill plate on high heat.
1. Cut the peaches in half and brush the flesh side with olive oil.
2. Grill the peaches until just tender on the flesh side with prominent grill marks.
3. To assemble the salad, toss arugula and walnuts together.
4. Top with sliced burrata cheese and grilled peaches.
5. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
6. Serve immediately.