If you’re anything like me, your planner is your best friend. With a busy schedule, it’s hard to remember every single thing that you need to do without seeing it written in front of you! Kelley Carter of Kelley With Love is sharing the cutest DIY planner pocket that will only take you 20 minutes and is totally worth it. Now when you get receipts or papers, you can easily keep it all in one place! The planner pocket also adds personality to your planner, making it way more fun! Check out Kelley’s adorable tutorial below:
“Planners are every stationary lovers dream come true. Even so, tons of ideas can lead to post it notes and loose pieces of scrap paper galore. Plus, if you’re anything like me, you don’t always have your planner with you. This can lead to lots of paper lying around.
Every planner is not made equally. Many don’t have places for storage. You could also be running into the problem of just simply needing more. In an effort to keep up with my ideas and stay organized, I created a simple planner pocket to include inside my planner for storage.
Thank your lucky stars for those basic life skills of cutting and pasting you learned in kindergarten. You’re only a cut and paste away from creating a planner pocket to help keep you organized. This is a very easy DIY that will only take about 20 minutes.
Have fun when you’re choosing your card stock. You can go with two sheets that are different shades of the same color. You can even mix it up by choosing two different colors or textures. If you’re really going for a different look, try mixing silver and gold round head fasteners.
This DIY isn’t just for planners. It can be done in notebooks, recipe books, and photo albums too! It just goes to show that staying organized can be fast and simple.”
- Two sheets of card stock
- 1/8 hole punch
- 4 Round-Head Fasteners 1 inch
- Choose the planner page you want your planner pocket to be attached to.
- Measure your card stock to be the height of the planner page, but make the width shorter to avoid the planner ring or binding.
- Cut your second piece of card stock paper to be the exact same size as the first piece.
- Now, cut the second piece of card stock in half. This will act as your pocket.
- Glue the smaller cardstock to the bottom of the longer cardstock. Glue the side and bottom edges of the smaller cardstock leaving the top unglued. Now you have created a pocket.
- Place your planner pocket onto the planner page you have chosen to attach it to and make a hole in the four corners of the page using your hole puncher.
- Secure the pocket page to the planner page using 4 round head fasteners.
Tutorial and Photography for Best Friends For Frosting by: Kelley Carter, Kelley With Love