Cocktail enthusiasts and Champagne lovers, we have the perfect drink for you! Colleen Jeffers of Good Drink has created a Cardamom Roasted Strawberry Bourbon Fizz. The perfect drink with dinner or dessert, this cocktail is definitely one for the books. With the sweetness of the strawberry puree, the warm flavor of bourbon, and bubbles of Champagne, you can’t go wrong! Your friends and family will definitely love this cocktail, it’s perfect to make with the holidays coming up. Check out Colleen’s recipe below:
CARDAMOM ROASTED STRAWBERRY BOURBON FIZZ RECIPE
If you’re toasting after sunset, it’s time to up the ante. This recipe adds bourbon for a cocktail that’s both drier and more decadent than the drinks that came before.
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 oz cardamom roasted strawberry puree (see below)
- .5 oz lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2-3 oz Champagne
- Combine all ingredients except the Champagne in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds, add ice, then shake again.
- Pour and top with chilled Champagne — a thick foam should form. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
CARDAMOM ROASTED STRAWBERRY PUREE RECIPE
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Stir all ingredients in a medium bowl, pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven at 450 for 20-25 minutes, until soft and starting to brown.
- Spoon into blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Let cool, store in fridge.
Recipe, Photography, and Styling for Best Friends For Frosting by: Colleen Jeffers, Good Drink