These Thai Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are going to quickly become one of your go-to recipes this new year! We are so excited to have Jessica of A Happy Food Dance back with us today to share this delicious and easy recipe. With the perfect mixture of sweet, salty, and spicy flavors, you just can’t go wrong. We love that you can make these in advance for an easy dinner or a party, your guests won’t even know. Plus, you can stick them in your bag for lunch the next day! Stuffed full of vegetables and finished with the perfect peanut sauce, you will be shocked by how simple these are to make. Check out what Jessica has to say below:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Carrots, diced
- Cilantro, washed and dried
- Green onions, chopped
- Peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Juice from half a lime
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line the bottom rack of the oven with aluminum foil.
- With a fork, pierce each sweet potato 5-6 times. Place on the highest rack of the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes are baking, combine sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, peanut butter, lime juice, and ginger. Whisk until smooth.
- Once potatoes are cooked, let cool for 5 minutes and then slice open.
- Top with carrots, cilantro, green onions, and peanuts. Drizzle with peanut sauce and serve immediately.
Recipe + Photography for Best Friends For Frosting by: Jessica Potts, A Happy Food Dance