With all of the holiday parties and unhealthy meals, it’s easy to get on the wrong path with your health! We are obsessed with this arugula salad because it offers the best fall flavors but is still good for you to eat. Elysia of Haute & Healthy Living is at it again with this beautiful salad! It’s also quick and easy, making it the go-to dinner or appetizer for a busy weeknight. This recipe is also great to take to a dinner party, the maple basil vinaigrette will definitely impress! Read on below for Elysia’s recipe:
“Do you ever have those moments where you have a whole bunch of company coming over and you have absolutely NO idea what to serve? You madly start flipping through magazines and cookbooks, hoping that you’ll find the solution. You flip faster and faster, but nothing is jumping out at you. The panic starts kicking in.
Next, you try online, hoping that Martha Stewart will save the day. But there are SO many recipes, you just get overwhelmed and give up. Believe me, I’ve been there many times. And then it doesn’t help, of course, that the recipes I like to serve to guests have to meet a number of important criteria. Just to make things even more complicated!
Below are some of my ground rules for recipe selection:
1. First of all, it has to look amazing. Nothing can turn off your guests faster than food that looks, well……gross. In my opinion, it has to look stunning, or at the very least…edible.
2. Next, is the obvious one. The taste factor. The recipe that I serve has to be something that I know my guests will LOVE and will be raving about for weeks.
3. The recipe has to be easy to prepare. The last thing I want to do when I have a bunch of people coming over is stress out and slave away in the kitchen. Not my idea of fun!
4. Finally, it has to be somewhat health conscious. I know, I know. But I can’t help it! As a dietitian, I always like to spread some healthy love wherever I go.
That’s why I love this Red Grape, Arugula and Goat cheese salad. It’s classy, absolutely gorgeous (did you check out those beautiful colors?!), delicious, healthy and only takes a few minutes to whip up!
To top it off, it pairs well with a variety of entrees, so it makes the perfect complement to your feast! The grapes add antioxidants and a nice pop of sweetness to the peppery arugula. The goat cheese incorporates some protein, calcium and a delicious creamy texture. The walnuts add that nice crunch, and not to mention those omega 3s for a healthy mind and heart (and gorgeous skin and hair!)
And that dressing? Don’t even get me started on that dressing! The maple and basil bring out this amazing flavor that pairs perfectly with the other components of the salad. Can you tell that I am SUPER excited about this salad? Whether you serve it up at your next party or even with your weeknight dinner, this salad is sure to be a hit wherever you go!
ARUGULA & RED GRAPE SALAD WITH A MAPLE BASIL VINAIGRETTE
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup chopped walnut halves
- 2 cups red grapes (halved if large)
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Ingredients for dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Blend ingredients for dressing in a blender or food processor until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, walnuts, red grapes, and goat cheese.
- Pour in the desired amount of dressing and toss salad until evenly distributed. Enjoy!
Recipe, Photography and Styling for Best Friends for Frosting by: Elysia, Haute & Healthy Living