3.4K Flares 3.4K Flares ×
With spring right around the corner, we are seriously loving these adorable Confetti Coasters that can easily be given as gifts to your friends and family, or you can simply make them and add some color to your own home! Megan Roy is sharing her super easy tutorial with us today and we couldn’t be more excited. These coasters are so much fun and are the perfect way to add a little brightness to your coffee table! Check out Megan’s tutorial below:
“Even your cups want to be happy! Give them something pretty sit on. The best part? These coasters are super simple to make and only have 1 ingredient.”
- Polymer clay in your choice of colors (we used Sculpey)
- Rolling pin
- Cheese grater
- Coffee mug
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Roll out your base color with the rolling pin (we chose white) and set it aside.
- Use the cheese grater to grate your confetti colors onto your work surface.
- Place the rolled out base on top of your finely grated colors. Press gently so they stick together.
- Lift the base color. The bottom should be covered in tiny speckles of color!
- Set it aside while you remove the rest if the grated clay from your work surface.
- Gently run the rolling pin over the clay to flatten the confetti colors.
- Turn the coffee mug upside-down and use it as a cookie cutter. Cut out as many circles as you can!
- You may need to gently run your finger around the edge of the circles to smooth them out.
- Place your coasters on a sheet of parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes at 275 degrees.
- Let them cool, and voila!