It’s so easy to get stuck in the daily grind of the endless loads of laundry, meal prepping, and the other fun responsibilities that come with motherhood. I think it’s safe to speak for A LOT of us when I say it’s so easy to put ourselves on the back burner. Just when I thought I knew it all with having Charlie, I was in for a lot of new lessons after having Claire. I went right down that whole “putting self care on the back burner” spiral and had to make some big changes in my life to get back on track.
I realize that self-care is so important for so many different reasons. Whether you’re pampering yourself or making healthier choices, it will all make a huge difference. Here are some of my favorite tricks I have learned along the way over the past 5 years. They may sound basic, but truthfully, they are the top most powerful in my book!
My Self Care Absolute Musts
- Eat Healthy – The truth is that I always feel SO much better when I make healthier decisions. I think more clearly, have more energy, and feel so much more productive. Whenever I eat healthy, I always cringe when I think of how I felt when I was on junk food mode.
- Have Me Time – Trust me, you are going to kick yourself if you don’t make this one a priority soon enough. I am so bad at this and felt myself being completely overwhelmed with even the simple things in life. Taking a couple hours out for yourself to get a pedicure or coffee or cupcakes is going to do wonders! I’ve recently discovered nügg Beauty products, and they have happily become a part of my self care routine. When I apply skin care products, I normally make a point to have some down time watching my favorite show or reading a magazine. My all-time favorite products that I have tried are their Hydrating Face Mask and their 4 Day Dry Skin Regime. My skin is notorious for getting super dehydrated, and it even that leaves me with a couple unwanted wrinkles. Normally I use the 4 day dry Skin Regime as needed and then maintain with the Hydrating Face Mask.
- Create Memories – There is something so empowering and uplifting to go out and create memories. I am a firm believer that memories are the richest, most valuable things that you can collect. When you’re 75 on your porch, will you remember the new purse you bought or the memories you made?
- Splurge on Yourself – You do you! If you’re like me, you probably feel like it’s so easy to celebrate loved ones’ joys and victories, but when it comes to yourself, it’s roll in with some excitement, and you’re back to the grind. As a mom, I think every single day is a victory- especially that first year. Go buy yourself your favorite drink at Starbucks or that cute dress you’ve been eying. You deserve it!
- Work Out – There is something about exercise that makes me feel so much more clear headed and energized. When I pair exercise with eating healthy, I feel like a million bucks. I think exercise is crucial for self care success!
If you’re in need of some down time, I totally hear you! I am so thrilled to share a code from our sponsor, nügg Beauty, so you can get in on the fun. By applying the code “FROSTING10,” you will score 10 percent off the 4 Day Dry Skin Regime when used to checkout on the nügg Beauty website before September 30.What are your all-time favorite ways to practice self care?