Okay, here’s one last cactus DIY before summer comes to a close. As if we could ever get enough! Summer is the perfect time for busting out all things cactus and pineapples! What better time for adding some extra pep to your living space?!
Speaking of living spaces, if you’ve been following me on Instagram, you probably saw some behind the scenes shots of our house hunt. Full update, we’re still house hunting. I’m crossing my fingers and toes that the perfect mid-century modern home comes up for us soon!
I love the idea that by just adding a few touches to your space here and there, you can really brighten up a room and feel inspired every day! I made this for Claire’s nursery and thought it was so much fun. Of course, the minute Charlie laid eyes on it, he asked for one too! ;) I agree that it’s the perfect piece to liven up any blank wall space, and it’s a great way to add a personal touch to any room.
How to make a DIY Gold & White Polka Dot Cactus Wall Decor
-plywood and sandpaper
-acrylic paint or spray paint (white)
-pink and gold paint
-sticky feet for back
-hanger and nails
- Draw a fun cactus shape on your plywood.
- Using the jigsaw, cut out the cactus.
- Sand the edges (side and front) of your wood.
- Paint cactus white and let it dry.
- Paint on confetti dots using a stencil or round brush.
- Once dry, attach sticky feet to sides and bottom of the cactus.
- Attach the hanger with nails on the top and middle of the back of the cactus.
- Hang on the wall and enjoy!