I’ve been trying to find something cute and stylish to hang all of my favorite necklaces on so they would stop getting all tangled up – seriously, isn’t that the worst?! But after searching high and low on the internet, I still couldn’t find a winner, so I decided to make my own!
Even though summer is coming to a close, I believe flamingos can hang around all year along. They’re bright, fun, and so cheery! I mean, we all need a little extra cheer around the pad.
So I ordered the kind of flamingos you stick in your lawn and gave them a little makeover with some spray paint. I’m all about the pastels! Rest assured, if you’re not a pink fan like me, the sky is the limit in terms of color choices. So fun and easy, and no more tangled necklaces!
HOW TO MAKE A DIY FLOATING FLAMINGO JEWELRY RACK
-Spray paint in white, gold, hot pink, and light pink
-Wood block 2” x 2”
-Wall mount hooks
- I’ll be honest, I had my husband do this part. Carefully, using a handsaw, cut the flamingo bodies below the neck, saving the side with the neck and head.
- Starting with the beaks, spray paint each either gold or hot pink. Allow to dry and spray tips gold or hot pink.
- Once dry, wrap beaks in plastic bags and tape tightly to prevent the other painted color from getting sprayed.
- Spray the neck of each flamingo either white or light pink. Allow to dry. Remove bag.
- To make the wall mount, you first need to spray paint your piece of wood white. Once dry, nail on the wall mount hooks.
- Hot glue the base of the neck to the wall mount and let the glue cool.
- Hang and admire, and don’t ever miss getting your necklaces tangled up again! ;)