What a crazy week it has been around the studio. When I am not painting pineapples pink, I am basically having a whole fringe hay day creating pink pineapple piñatas. I feel like eyelashes make everything so much more fun! Right?? If you’re looking for some party inspiration, this glamorous pineapple piñata is sure to fit the bill!
How to make a Pink Fringe Pineapple Piñata
- Presentation board
- Tissue paper in gold and pink
- Black construction paper
- Hot glue
- Box cutter
- Paper mache (water, flour, newspaper)
- Floral wire
- Fold presentation board into a rounded shape and tape.
- Cut lines a few inches up from the top and the bottom to form a base.
- Fold the cut edges in to make the pineapple shape.
- Hot glue a bottom and a top to the pineapple shape using pieces of cardboard and string for holder.
- Paper mache around the presentation board to keep everything together and to mold your fun pineapple shape.
- Using a box cutter, cut a hole in the back for a place to load your candy.
- Cut 2-3 inch long strips of light pink tissue paper and fringe edges.
- Glue fringe down starting from the bottom and working your way up to create a layered look.
- Draw out lashes on black construction paper with a white colored pencil or crayon to lay out lash design. Cut out lashes and glue them onto your pineapple.
- Cut lips and blush out of hot pink tissue paper and glue on.
- To make the leaves, cut 2 same-sized leaf shapes and glue floral wire into the middle. This allows the leaves to bend or stand straight up – whichever you would like.
- Tape leaves together once you have a large bundle and make a hole on the top of the pinata to place wires in.
- Now fruit ninja that pineapple and get your treats!