This blog post is part of a paid Megan Media and Cranberry Marketing Committee #FriendsgivingCranberryContest blogging program.The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons for a never-ending list of reasons! I mean, who couldn’t resist being surrounded by seasonal favorites like pumpkins and cranberries, Halloween fun, and holiday celebrations to give thanks – of course! ;) As the leaves continue to fall, I am especially reminded that this time of year is all about coming together and spending time with those who matter most to you. It’s about belly laughs and creating even more joyful memories. It’s about clearing your schedule for spontaneous moments and pure fun!
I am such a Friendsgiving fan girl. But here’s the thing – I love keeping Thanksgiving more intimate with family and then setting aside an additional day for Friendsgiving to entertain with my favorite gal pals. A couple years back, I hosted my very first Friendsgiving soiree, and it was a blast! I had some of my girlfriends come over to reminisce and laugh. We ate, chatted, caught up, and had the best time. I loved every minute of it! Can we just do Friendsgiving every month? ;)
Confession… I love cranberries. I love them on turkey sandwiches and even in my dessert. Not only are cranberries amazing to eat, but they also make the perfect festive staple to incorporate into a fall décor piece. I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to incorporate them into the hero décor piece for my soiree, and you will not believe how easy this was to make! This cranberry chandelier quickly became the ultimate décor item for our recent Friendsgiving bash. I can’t begin to tell you how many compliments I received!
Cranberries are not only delicious but they add the most vibrant pop of color to the table. They were such a beauty to photograph, and now you can try it too! The internet is having a party and you’re invited! We’re encouraging the whole entire nation to get your cranberry on by sharing your own snapshot of how you enjoyed and incorporated cranberries in your holiday food, beverages, and décor this year using #FriendsgivingCranberryContest for a chance to win $4000 in prizes. All you have to do is upload your photo to social media and then enter officially here (contest runs through December 19th). So many possibilities! I seriously cannot wait to see cranberries as part of your Friendsgiving dinner. Have fun with it! For more tips and ideas on how to throw the best Friendsgiving, join me and @uscranberries for a #FriendsgivingCranberryContest Twitter party on November 10 at 7 p.m. EST.
HOW TO MAKE A FRESH CRANBERRY CHANDELIER
- Wrap your metal hoop with twine and hot glue in place.
- Thread your sewing needle with fishing line and string at the length you would like your mobile to hang. Tie the bottom of the string and carefully poke the needle through the bottom of the cranberries. String cranberries to length.
- Tie your fully covered string to the top of the mobile and hang down.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 until your mobile is full of cranberry strings.
- Tie 2 pieces of fishing line to the top of your mobile in an X shape. Where the cross meets, tie another piece of fishing line. Cut to the length that your mobile will hang from above your table.
- Wrap your pine around top of mobile and tie into place with fishing line.
- Weave your flowers into your pine and again tie with fishing line.
- Hang from a hook above your table and feast your eyes on this updated centerpiece.