Everything is better in pink, right?! Remember when I shared one of my new favorite frosting recipes with you last month, cake batter frosting?! I felt like the images just didn’t do justice to how FUN these cupcakes could be. As I was making all the desserts for Claire’s first birthday, I decided to make this frosting recipe in pink to go with her Kitty Cat Cake. I love it so much! I was SO excited with how these turned out that I just had to share!
Here’s the low down on this frosting recipe, it’s AMAZING! It’s definitely one of my favorite frosting recipes- next to my Strawberry Buttercream Frosting recipe, of course! ;) This frosting is basically like funfetti cake in a frosting – seriously, I’m not kidding you girlfriend! Imagine a vanilla buttercream frosting recipe with pieces of funfetti cake folded right in?! I also sprinkled pieces of the funfetti cake on top of the frosting so anyone in our (BIG) family could tell what was happening here! And can I tell you how much I loved serving these gorgeous cupcakes on pink polka dot plates to bump the party up a notch higher. They tied perfectly into our feminine pink theme. Oh how I LOVE first birthday parties! I feel like it’s a kick-start to MANY celebrations to come! Rest assured, Claire had a blast at her party.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box of Funfetti Cake Mix
- Bake the Funfetti Cake according to the box instructions and let cool.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add butter and beat on high for 4 minutes, scraping the bowl once light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, salt, milk, and vanilla to the mixer and mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase the speed to high until frosting is smooth; set aside.
- Crumble 1/3 of the funfetti cake with your hands and place it in the freezer to firm up.
- Once crumbs are cool and hold their shape, fold them into your frosting.
- Once I frosted the cupcakes, I added birthday cake crumbs on top as well!