Sometimes it’s REALLY fun to think of DIY projects you would see and instantly want to be that person’s friend! ;) Seriously, why doesn’t anyone make a PINK polka dot mat already?!!! It’s times like this that I dream of the day we release a BFFF product line for you guys to have right at your fingertips! Until then, we’re DIY all the way! ;)
So, this project was a mix of inspiration of my new pink polka dot sweater and this hot pink J.Crew top! I thought, let’s blend the two together and meet the best of both worlds! ;) So in other words, if J.Crew and Kate Spade had a product baby, it would be THIS floor mat! :)
Hopefully this mat doesn’t attract anyone to doorbell ditch your house! Anyone else guilty of that back in the day? I may or may not have talked about my childhood silliness a time or two on Instagram! ;)
Sending you all bear hugs & Claire’s baby toes from my laptop in Sunny California! Love you all!
How To Make A DIY Pink Polka Dot Floor Mat
- Door mat
- White flat spray paint
- White paint
- Pink paint
- Hot pink paint
- Medium size paint brush
- Small size paint brush
- Circle stencil
- Spray paint your door mat leaving little to no brown color visible and let dry.
- Mix your white and pink paint together to get your desired light pink color.
- Using your medium paint brush, saturate the entire door mat in your light pink paint. This will take several coats to get a fully covered light pink mat. Let dry!
- Using your circle stencil,s mall paint brush, and hot pink paint, outline your polka dots onto the door mat creating a polka dot pattern. Space the dots about two inches apart.
- Using your paint brush, fill in your polka dots with hot pink paint and let dry.