I still can’t believe we’re (almost) to summer! You would have thought I would be tired of pineapples by now, but I am still as obsessed as ever! I actually just bought some gold pineapple earrings and a necklace at the J.Crew outlet last week. Love them!
One of my favorite dessert hacks is to buy store-bought items and spruce them up to look like fun statement pieces. You can serve them at parties or whatever you’re up to! ;) I actually made these doughnuts using my new doughnut maker, but you can easily buy store-bought donuts or even go to the bakery and spruce them up. A little frosting, a toothpick, and a cut-out pineapple topper goes a heck of a long way! ;)
How To Make Pink Pineapple Donuts
- Vanilla cake mix
- Karen’s Cookies royal icing
- Pink gel food color
- Donut pan
- 2 bowls
- Piping bag
- Green construction paper
- Hot glue gun
- Mix your cake mix and pour it into your greased donut pan. Bake and let donuts cool.
- Mix your royal icing and separate into two bowls.
- In your first bowl, add one drop of your pink gel dye to create a light pink color.
- In a separate bowl, add four drops of your pink gel dye for a bright pink shade.
- Dip your donuts halfway into the bowl with your light pink icing.
- Put your bright pink icing in your piping bag and decorate your donut with a criss-cross pattern like a pineapple!
- Use your green construction paper to draw a pineapple stem, then cut it out.
- Hot glue your toothpicks to your green pineapple stems, and place them into the top of your donuts.