Today we’re thrilled to have Lisa from Je Suis Alimentageuse sharing a great new vegan recipe. Lisa’s blog focuses on delicious vegetarian meals and desserts, and today she’s thrilled to step away from her blog and to share this recipe for Vegan Frozen Hot Chocolate with us!
This recipe combines coconut milk, cocoa, and, of course, ice cubes to create the perfect chilled dessert beverage. We can’t wait to break this out in the next coming months as the sun begins to shine!
Here’s what Lisa has to say:
Hello! Some of you may recognize me from my Vanilla Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream that were featured by the lovely people at BFFF before. My blog focuses on delicious, vegetarian meals and desserts, particularly describing my many failures before I get to my final success. I am honored to share this recipe with you today.
Vegan Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1 can coconut milk, refrigerated overnight. Do not shake! (I recommend Thai’s Kitchen. Aroy-D didn’t separate as well as I had hoped)
- 3 tbsp agave nectar, divided (add more if you like it sweeter or use powdered sugar if you don’t have agave)
- 2 heaping tsp cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Place a metal mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for about 10 minutes before you start.
- To make coconut whipped cream, open the coconut milk can. The solids from the coconut milk should be settled at the top. Carefully scrape out the solids, and add it to the cold metal mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp of agave nectar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Store in the freezer while you blend the frozen hot chocolate.
- Blend the remaining liquid from the coconut milk, 2 tbsp agave nectar, cocoa powder, salt, and ice cubes until well combined.
- Add the coconut whipped cream on top.
- Top with chocolate shavings or cacao nibs for garnish!
What’s your favorite frozen beverage to sip on a hot day?
For more recipes and photos from Lisa, visit Je Suis Alimentageuse.