More often than not, appetizers are the most popular component of a fancy dinner. Not only are they great for snacking on, but they’re also so perfectly simple. Whether you’re planning an intimate get-together with a few close friends or just want to impress your date, Caroline Souza of Sweet Caroline’s Corner has you covered! Her delicious recipe for an Asparagus Tart with Ricotta and Basil will make you look like a master chef and wow all of your guests! Here’s what she has to say:
“Looking for a simple and elegant meal during the week? Something that’s perfect for a brunch, a dinner, or a date night? Asparagus tart equals simple, elegant, and flavorful. It’s perfect paired with a nice salad and a glass of white wine, and it will impress you and your guests for sure!”
ASPARAGUS TART WITH RICOTTA & BASIL
— 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
— 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
— 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
— 1 tablespoon basil paste or pesto
— 1 tablespoon olive oil
— Salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry to make it thinner and slightly bigger.
- Using a paring knife, create a 1-inch border. Pierce the inside dough with a fork and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine ricotta cheese and basil paste. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove puff pastry from oven. Spread the ricotta cheese and basil mixture evenly over the top. Arrange asparagus over the top, season with salt and black pepper, and drizzle olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!