The holiday season is in full swing! We are double-checking our list, planning our meals, and thinking about the new year coming up. We know that 2015 is going to be incredible – we can feel it! A big year is coming, and we need to celebrate properly. Today, we’re thrilled to be sharing a few gorgeous New Year’s Eve party ideas from Mintwood Home, offering you fun inspiration for a sparkly holiday season!
At Mintwood Home, our goal is simple. We aim to make decorating fun, interactive, and personalized! With our products, we love to style our photo shoots to have a truly personal feel, including items that the average person already has in their home or could easily make or style themselves! We want decorating to be obtainable for anyone, allowing them to envision our products in their homes with ease.
We had so much fun putting together this New Year’s inspired shoot incorporating so many of our most festive products, as well as a fun and easy DIY project. We used an old chapel that is currently being restored in Middleburg, Virginia, and couldn’t have been more thrilled with the outcome!
Our Bamboo Trolly Bar Cart is hands down our absolute favorite piece of furniture that we offer at Mintwood Home, so it was a no-brainer to have it be our focal point for the shoot. Here are our tips for putting together a great New Year’s Eve party bar cart!
- A Small Tray: Trays are a must have item on any bar. They’re great for adding organization to your bar display as well as adding a special pop of color if you so choose! We used our snazzy Moroccan Turquoise and Gold Tray to hold/organize our glassware and straws!
- Glam Glassware: Break out your most fun glassware for NYE and don’t be afraid to mix and match. We mixed our Stay Fancy Glasses with our Marrakesh Champagne Flutes – these glasses bring the party all on their own!
- Keepin’ it Cool: Whether it’s holding your ice or keeping your bottle(s) chilled, ice buckets are a must on your party bar cart. Our Lorraine Gold Rimmed Ice Bucket has been one hot ticket item!
- Cocktail Napkins: Great cocktail napkins are a must have. We recommend the disposable kind on a wild night like New Year’s Eve. Our gold foil stamped napkins in pink, black or blue are all great options!
- Sparkles Please: For New Year’s Eve in particular, it’s always fun to find ways to add a little bit of extra sparkle to your bar. We covered our champagne bottle in glitter using spray glue. It was super easy and only took about 2 minutes to do, however, it’s definitely an outdoor activity!
- Cheerful Whimsy: We framed a greeting card that we already had that says “Cheers!” – this just adds a fun touch for your guests. You can use any frame you already have by swapping out the picture for the night. We used one of our favorite frames.
- Confetti: No New Year’s party is complete without a little confetti. While it can sometimes seem like it will create more mess than it’s worth, this is a really easy way to decorate your bar. We used tissue paper circles cut with a paper punch and sprinkled them around the bar for added color. We also highly recommend investing is some super fun confetti poppers for your fete. We swear they clean up easy and your guests will love popping them at midnight!