When it comes to Easter breakfast, you want a satisfying meal to get you and your family ready for all of the day’s activities! It should have a great balance of flavor, and it’s even better when it matches a springtime theme! Today, we’re thrilled to have Kelley of Chef Savvy sharing this gorgeous springtime recipe for Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast. What a perfect dish for Easter breakfast! Here’s what Kelley has to say:
This Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast is the reason I get out of bed in the morning. It’s also really easy to make and is the perfect breakfast / brunch for Easter morning.
I used challah bread as the base for this French toast. It’s nice and sturdy, perfect for French toast. It is also best to use day old toast. I like to leave it out uncovered the night before for it to firm up. This will allow more of the custard (egg + milk) mixture to soak into the bread. I stuffed my French toast with Philadelphia Cream Cheese. It made the French toast so rich and creamy!Serve this French toast with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey, and add a piece of fruit and a glass of milk on the side. What better way to celebrate Easter than with this stuffed French toast?
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
-1/2 cup blueberries
-2 teaspoons sugar
-1 tablespoon water
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
-4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
-pinch of nutmeg
-8 slices challah bread, sliced thick
1. Add blueberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice to a small saucepan. Simmer mixture for 3-4 minutes until thick. Stir occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, add cream cheese to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
3. Add blueberry sauce to cream cheese and beat together until combined. Set aside.
4. Add eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine
6. Heat skillet or griddle and spray with nonstick spray or coat with butter.
8. Serve immediately with maple syrup and a piece of fruit.