With football season going strong, we have been having a blast with our friends and family! Even though at BFFF we don’t need an excuse to entertain, Sunday football is one of our favorite days of the week. We decided to throw a casual Sunday watch party for our friends and were so happy with the way it turned out. With a few decorations and easy recipes, our get-together came to life! We of course used PepsiCo to create our Lipton Pure Leaf Lemon Tea Basil Mojito and Rold Gold Pretzel Sweet & Salty Trail Mix, so that we knew they would turn out perfectly. It’s the way to go when you are hosting any game day events! We really wanted to keep this party simple, so we stuck to small DIY projects for the majority of our decorating. By using brown paper bags, we were able to create the cutest popcorn bags with white tape on the front to look like individual, little footballs. These were the perfect bowl for our trail mix. They were incredibly simple and took almost no time, but they looked absolutely adorable. We put out small bowls of chips and salsa for our friends to nibble on, as well as sandwich wraps and peanuts. Print out or hand write a betting page for an extra activity for your loved ones, we guarantee they will love this! Finish off the table with your delicious snacks and a little greenery, and you have a successful watch party! For any lifestyle enthusiast or DIYer, PepsiCo products are perfect to keep at home for any football party you have planned or throw last minute. They are so easy to incorporate into fun recipes, we always keep our pantry stocked! Check out our party and recipes below for inspiration:
There’s nothing quite like a football party to gather good friends and yummy treats. Don’t you find that at any party the guests always seem to gravitate towards the treat table? These football party approved snacks are perfect for sharing and are sure to please all your invites. The Lipton Pure Leaf Lemon Basil Mojitos are a fun twist on a classic mojito with a fresh touch of basil – delicious and thirst quenching for excited fans. Of course any good Football party needs snacks and these Fritos Corn Chips Santa Fe Chicken wraps are great for sharing and have the perfect combination of flavour and crunch. Lastly, I have a major sweet tooth so a sweet treat was a must! I love combining sweet and salty, and the combination of salty pretzels and Smartfood popcorn with sweet marshmallows and chocolate in our Rold Gold Sweet and Salty Trail Mix is heavenly. Add in a few homemade decor items, a betting chart, and you’re ready to host the perfect Football watching party.
ROLD GOLD PRETZEL SWEET & SALTY TRAIL MIX
- Rold Gold Pretzels
- Mini marshmallows
- Smartfood Popcorn
- White chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate chips
- Mix together Rold Gold Pretzels, mini marshmallows, and Smartfood popcorn, and spread evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Using a double boiler, melt both the white chocolate chips and the milk chocolate chips separately.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate onto the pretzel mixture, evenly coating everything in both the white and milk chocolate.
- Let the mixture sit for a few hours or until chocolate dries.
- Break mixture apart and enjoy!
LIPTON PURE LEAF LEMON TEA BASIL MOJITO
- Lemon slices
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 ounce dark rum
- Lipton Pure Leaf Iced Tea – lemon
- Crushed ice
- In a martini shaker, muddle together two lemon slices and 2-3 basil leaves, add dark rum and ice – shake well.
- In a moscow mule cup, fill with crushed ice and pour lemon, basil, rum mixture.
- Top with Lipton Pure Leaf Iced Tea in the lemon flavor and garnish with a slice of lemon and a fresh basil leaf.
- Chicken breast
- Cajun spice
- Whole wheat flour tortilla
- Canned corn
- Black beans
- Sliced avocado
- Fritos Corn Chips
- Chipotle sour cream
- Grill chicken breast in cajun spice, slice into strips, and set aside.
- Mix together corn, black beans, and chipotle sour cream.
- On a whole wheat flour tortilla, place 3-4 slices of cajun chicken, spoon on about 1/4 cup of corn, bean mixture, and add the fresh sliced avocado.
- Top with a handful of Fritos Corn Chips and roll.
- Slice wrap into two to share and enjoy!
Styling & Photography for Best Friends For Frosting by: Tessa Garcia
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of PepsiCo. The opinions and text are all mine.