Because every kitty cat should have a heart shaped nose and long eye lashes! ;) Now that I have my own little Claire, I’ve been dreaming up party concepts that are girly in the funnest ways possible. I decided to take a step a bit outside my comfort zone and make something a little different than what I normally post. I mean, with Halloween approaching and all, how could you go wrong with a DIY Fringe Kitty Cat Piñata! ;)
How to make a DIY Kitty Cat Piñata
-Foam presentation board or cardboard
-Flimsy presentation board
-Construction paper (hot pink, white, and black)
- Draw a kitty shape onto half of the foam presentation board and cut it out. Trace another kitty shape onto the other half and cut that piece out. Cut a candy hole on the back of one of the cut-outs.
- Cut about 3-inch-wide strips of the flimsy presentation board and tape them along the edges of each kitty cut-out. At the center point of one of the cut-outs, cut holes, and tie a string for hanging.
- Tape the edges of the second piece of foam presentation board to connect the piñata.
- Cut 2-inch-thick strips of tissue paper and fringe the edges. Glue tissue paper along the edges of the piñata first, then move to the front and back of the heart.
- Once covered in tissue paper cut out hot pink inner ears and a heart shaped nose. Cut out 6 even-lengthed strips of white paper for whiskers. For the lashes, draw out desired look onto black paper with white colored pencil, and cut it out. Glue on all the pieces.
- Fill your finished pinata with treats and have fun!