This post is sponsored by Country Crock® . All opinions, images, and ideas are my own.
Raise your hand if you’re still shocked by how quickly Christmas is sneaking up! Me too! It feels like just yesterday I was calling Andy from the grocery store saying “They already have eggnog?!?!?!” And now here I am, baking up a storm, trying to perfect our holiday recipes.
It’s safe to say we all know that cookies make the most perfect holiday staple. They’re absolutely essential for any Christmas bash, and of course, Santa’s big debut. ;)
Charlie and I have been having so much fun perfecting our cookie recipes for Santa. We have a tradition of baking the whole week before Christmas together! I’ve been playing around with this Country Crock ® Make It Yours™ cookie recipe (the perfect sugar cookie base EVER!) that allows you to add in literally any mix-ins your heart desires. Yup, from candy to cookie crumbles to nuts to pretzels, the possibilities are endless and you can perfect it to your favorite mix. It’s the only cookie recipe you’ll need this holiday season.
Earlier, we tried it with animal cookies which was an absolute hit. We even delivered some to our neighbors and they were over the moon. My sugar cravings are at an all-time high these days so this time around we added chewy orange slice candies and white chocolate chips. I’m calling these “Orange-Cream Cookies.” My inspiration for these new mix-ins came from my favorite popsicle flavor, orange creamsicle. Holy guacamole now I’m craving that too!
I am so excited about this amazing Make It Yours™ cookie recipe and can’t wait to use it for many years to come. I honestly plan to use it year-round. I am dreaming up so many different combinations of mix-ins (and so is Charlie!). I can’t wait to see what all of you come up with. Wishing you all an amazing holiday season!
ORANGE CREAM COOKIES RECIPE
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate cups
- 1 cup diced orange slice gummy candies
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® spread, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla into a large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
- Add mix-ins into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins. For this recipe we used white chocolate chips and diced up orange slice candies.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.