This post has been sponsored by DreamWorks Trolls. Thank you so much for supporting the amazing brands that sponsor Best Friends For Frosting.
Calling ALL my 90s girls! Who else was obsessed with Hanson, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, and Trolls? Me too! We must totally be soul sisters! ;) I must confess, I collected every single troll, including the stuffed animal versions, and literally had hundreds! I even collected the Trolls playing cards! Does anyone else remember those? Talk about a blast from the past. ;)
So when I found out that DreamWorks released “Trolls,” I was over-the- moon-excited. I was so excited that I immediately texted Amy (my best friend since kindergarten!), who I shared a childhood love of Trolls with. First, we freaked out like we were 8 years old all over again and used every happy emoji we could think of! Next, we made a pact that once the movie was released, we would get the kids together and throw a movie party! Isn’t it so fun to have things from your childhood become a relevant part of your child’s time growing up? The best!
When we started planning this party, I instantly knew exactly what kind of dessert I was going to make! As trolls are all about cupcakes, rainbows, and happiness (exactly how I envisioned them as a child), I knew the perfect dessert recipe that I believed Trolls would eat for breakfast in real life! ;) Couldn’t you just imagine them waking up and eating Pink & White Chocolate Swirled Candy Bark topped with colorful sprinkles?! Me too! I had the whole idea envisioned in my head! Don’t you love when that happens? It’s like the inspiration comes right to you!
Earlier this year, I found this incredibly gorgeous sprinkle mix that had a lot of the same color palette from the Trolls movie. It was perfect. Charlie and I sprinkled it on top of this pink and white swirled white chocolate bark, and I fell in love. You know baking, there are no rules to your creativity! You can sprinkle whatever types or colors of sprinkles that pop at you the most. And the sprinkles stuck so well to the bark! The trick is of course to lay those sprinkles immediately after pouring your chocolate into your pan lined with parchment paper. Works like a charm!
And you guys (yes even our amateur baking friends!), you will not believe how delicious, simple, and kid-friendly this recipe is. So easy and totally gorgeous! This recipe ended up making so much bark that we even had enough left over for Charlie’s whole kindergarten class. His friends were SO excited! You should have heard them!
My favorite take away from this party?! If you watch my Instagram stories, you’ve probably noticed I am a sucker for ALL things karaoke! ;) So when I found out about the “Party Mode” Bonus Feature on the DVD, I was over the moon! It’s at the very end of the movie, and it’s pretty much a sing, dance, and hug along with the Trolls in Party Mode, including on-screen lyrics for every song and fun catch phrase prompts! This is such a game changer and really sets the tone for a party!
Our party was such a hit! We ended up decorating with colorful balloons, sprinkling confetti on the tables, ordered a couple pizzas (Hawaiian with extra pineapples PLEASE), and popped some popcorn. This dessert was so gorgeous it ended up being a decoration within itself. ;)
The DreamWorks’ Trolls Party Edition Blu-ray and DVD is available to own on February 7th everywhere. Pick up your copy and Bring Home Happy!
Has anyone else seen or plan on seeing the new DreamWorks’ Trolls movie? What did you think? Did the Trolls have the same personality you envisioned them to have as a child? Let me know in the comments. Can’t wait to hear what you guys think!
TROLLS COLORFUL SPRINKLE BARK RECIPE
- 3 12oz bags of white chocolate chips
- Any toppings you’d like to add (cue the sprinkles!!)
- A big smile on your face because this is about to be really fun!
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler, which is the safest way to melt chocolate.
- To do so, add chocolate to a bowl and add a little water to a pot on the stove. The bowl of chocolate should sit nicely in the pot and water shouldn’t be touching the bottom of the bowl. Use medium-high heat and your chocolate will melt evenly and won’t burn.
- Stir as needed.
- Once the white chocolate is melted completely, pour it onto a parchment lined baking sheet/pan and spread it out evenly using an offset spatula.
- Set aside a small 5 ounce bowl of white chocolate and add pink gel color into it and mix it in.
- Once all of your white chocolate is poured into your lined pan, immediately add in a small drop of pink white chocolate into various places of your mixture. Drag a butter knife in different directions through the pink chocolate give it that swirl affect.
- Immediately add sprinkles or candies of choice throughout the pan as the white chocolate hardens so quickly.
- Chill in the fridge for at least two hours. I let mine chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, pop the bark out of the baking sheet and break it apart using something heavy like the opposite end of a kitchen tool.