Caution, these adorable cookies will definitely bring some flashbacks! This Alphabet Cookies recipe by Jamie Shields of Paint The Gown Red is the perfect way to get your kids excited about spelling. Even better, these cookies are just as delicious as they are adorable! Make these as an easy treat for your kiddos, party favors for a birthday or end of school sweets. Check out Jamie’s cute cookie recipe below, we can’t wait to try these out!
“Looking for a tasty after school treat? Look no further! Introducing, alphabet cookies. Inspired by Circus Animals but in the shape of letters, these cookies are delicious and educational. Send congratulations, celebrate holidays, or practice spelling. Alphabet cookies are great because they let you personalize just about anything. Believe me, your kids will love the rare opportunity to play with their food!”
- 1 ½ Cup Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 11.5oz Bag White Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- 5 Drops Red Food Dye
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat until fully combined.
- Cut dough in half and shape into disks.
- Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a lightly floured workspace, roll out dough ¼” thick and cut out letters.
- Place letters onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Let cool completely.
- Make the frosting by using a double boiler to melt white chocolate chips until smooth.
- Add vegetable oil to melted chocolate.
- Separate into two bowls and add red food dye to one bowl.
- Dip cookies into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to harden.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils. Enjoy!
Recipe, Photography and Styling for Best Friends for Frosting by: Jamie Shields, Paint The Gown Red