Champagne is always the answer, at least that’s what Colleen Jeffers of Good Drink thinks! We completely agree with her! She has created the easiest cocktail recipe that is not only simple and beautiful, but it’s sure to be loved by all. The Blackberry Elderflower Sparkler cocktail is the perfect drink to enjoy in the afternoon with your group of besties, whether you are on vacation or not! Check out Colleen’s recipe below, you are just a few easy steps away from some yummy bubbles.
“Can anyone ever really say enough good things about Champagne? Of bubbly’s many virtues, one of the best HAS to be that you can basically drink it any time of day without any side eye. When there are things to celebrate morning, noon, or night, you’re gonna wanna go Champagne. And you’re really gonna wanna try this super-easy recipe.”
BLACKBERRY ELDERFLOWER SPARKLER
When I think of afternoon Champagne celebrations, I think showers. Bridal, baby — whatever the occasion, this elegant cocktail is refreshing enough to sip with any spread.
- .5 oz Lillet
- .5 oz elderflower liqueur
- .5 oz blackberry simple syrup (see below)
- .5 oz lemon juice
- 3-4 oz Champagne
- Combine the first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into chilled Champagne flute, top with chilled Champagne.
- Garnish with a blackberry.
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint blackberries
- Bring the water, sugar, and blackberries to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once the sugar has dissolved completely, mash the blackberries with a potato masher or a wooden spoon, then let the mixture simmer for another five minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and let cool.
- Strain out the blackberry solids and store in the fridge.
Recipe, Photography, and Styling for Best Friends For Frosting by: Colleen Jeffers, Good Drink